Home Sweet Ogden
Ogden Ogden City provides up to $5,000 toward down payment and closing costs for participants purchasing an ACA rehabbed or new historic home in Ogden. ACA homes are HUD repossessions—homes acquired and completely remodeled by Ogden or new homes built in Ogden's older neighborhoods, consistent with historic styles. Certified police officers, fire fighters, EMTs, and Ogden School District teachers are given a five day preference to make offers on homes before the general public.
- 115% or 80% or less AMI depending on home.
- Complete homebuyer education course.
- Contribute minimum $500 to down payment and closing costs.
- Occupy home for at least 3 years.
Own in Ogden
Ogden Ogden City provides up to $3,000 in 0% interest, deferred payment loans for participants purchasing homes in targeted areas of Ogden or $5,000 for specified areas (see map). Funds may be used for down payment or closing costs, or toward the principal mortgage balance. The amount received is dependent on the location of the home. Ogden City police officers and firefighters are eligible for up to $10,000. Loans are forgiven at 10% each year over 4 years, then the remaining 60% credited after 5 years of residency.
- 80% or less AMI
- Qualify for mortgage through FHA, VA, or conventional lender.
- Expense to income ratio does not exceed 45%.
- Complete home buyer education course.
- Contribute minimum $500 to purchase of home.
- Purchase price cannot exceed $263,388 for single-family home.
- Occupy home for at least 5 years.